The side elevation of 15 Bridge Street is a listed building and known as the House of George Nicholson, Publisher and Printer. A publisher 1808 - 1825 of some note in the country and who produced many first editions and much sheet music.
The side wall built in hand made bricks with narrow bonding has 7 blanked out Georgian windows with segmented arched heads probably blanked in to avoid window tax. The wooden entrance door, probably the original doorway has an original glass and lead lite above. This doorway now gives access to residential flats above and behind the Chinese Takeaway and Fish and Chip Shop in Bridge Street. On the upper storey two windows have been added at a later date and are metal framed.
There is evidence of black and white advertising hand painted on the wall which in 2006 is practically illegible but is almost certainly advertising Printing Office, left presumably from the days of George Nicholson. The shop has carried on quite a few different trades including a Confectionery Shop and owned by Allsopps in the 1950's and more recently a Betting Shop in the 1990' s.
The rear of the building has had several metal framed \windows added but two still remain of the original Georgian Sash Type windows. It is butted by an 8ft x 18ft brick built wall again with arched doorway but the door is not original. There is evidence of several other windows blocked up and doorways filled in. The brickwork is in poor condition and renovations carried out at the rear of the building have been unsympathetically restored with breeze blocks and corrugated Perspex roofing and is in a poor state of repair. The original low wall has been heightened and the original double doors blocked. The poor renovations are not at all in keeping to the history and status of this building.
See also entry for 14 Bridge Street.