Unlocking Stourport's Past
1 Mart Lane
- -1950's Shop (General Store) Proprietor Mrs Jones. It is said that the top floor was known as the 'Flare Loft'
- 1962 - 1990's HQ 'Territax' Taxis
- 1997 Main windows replaced and became residential property.
- 2005 Residential property 'Little End Cottage' Not currently listed but adjoins listed terrace.
- 1802 Building appears on James Sherriff Plan.
The building was originally built as stables. At the rear was a forge and a manure pit.
- -1960's It had an exterior staircase, positioned to the right of the double doors, which ran up to a platform in front of the door on the upper floor.
- 1974 Interior staircase installed at the gable end.
- 1992 Slate roof restored and re-hung.
- Lower floor- British Waterways Depot.
This page researched by Rita Phillips and Alan Millward
This page last updated 30 July 2006